Google Ads Suspended Suspicious Payment Activity Case Studies
Recognize this notice? This notorious notice is known for being placed at the top of Google Ads accounts when those accounts have been flagged for the violation under 'Suspicious Payment Activity'. It occurs as result of Google Ads suspectedly detecting 'suspicious payments' on your account. Let's talk about the Google Ads Suspended Suspicious Payment Activity violation.
What Does Google really mean by this suspension?
It could be a number of things, and, from what Jupplee has noticed more recently, 90% of the time, it's not even your fault! The other 10% is usually just payment information that may be interpreted incorrectly or actual suspicious activity.
In fact, more recently, we've noticed a spike in the number of accounts in 2022 who were wrongly suspended for this violation.
It primarily has to do with the fact that the Google Ads algorithm that checks accounts to validate them needs a SERIOUS update.
Because of this algorithm, you might be one of the many latest victims who literally create their account, then get suspended immediately for suspicious payments. Like, WHAT!? Really Google Ads?
"I just created my Google Ads account today! Why is my account suspended for suspicious payments?"
Sound like you? Thankfully, Jupplee has it figured out for you, and we know just what to do to confer with this faulty algorithm.
What is Google Ads Suspended Suspicious Payment Activity?
It's very sad, but Jupplee has seen many clients struggle with the misfortune of this suspension. It's a suspension that occurs and immediately suspends your account if Google Ads feels there are suspicious billing actions occurring on your profile.
Although, the notice states that 'we've detected suspicious payments on your account', it could actually be related to any of your billing activity or billing information on your account.
Some of the more common reasons we've found for this suspension:
- Incorrect Payment Details
- Incorrect Billing Information
- Failed Google Test Transaction
- Declined Payments
- External Services
- Multiple Accounts With The Same Card
The list goes on, but it's important to take all these factors into consideration when appealing for accounts. It is also very important that the correct terminology and verbiage is used when submitting the appeal. Structured and effective documentation is something Jupplee has become masters on when communicating with Google Ads.
What Can You Do?
Google makes it incredibly difficult to communicate on suspensions. Google Ads states that the ambiguity with their suspensions is to prevent scammers from easily appealing. So, having effective communication to inform Google Ads that you are a legitimate business practicing safe and compliant business operations is the name of their game.
However, their lack of transparency has led them to a nasty lawsuit in the France because of it. View Google Ads To Pay 150 Million Euros From A Lawsuit on Yahoo.
That's not all, the wave of lawsuits to come has commenced as Google is finally being held accountable for their actions in an up-and-coming $25 Billion Lawsuit, as talked about in this article on AdWeek.
If you partner with Jupplee, we can promise you justice. This is your chance to make a change in the competitive online digital market.
Have a look at the Google Ads policy article which explains Google Ads' stand on suspensions: https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/7187501
Google states that if they come across a minor issue with your website/google ad account, they will send you a warning to outline the issue and how to fix the issue at least 7 days before your Google account gets suspended.
If you have not gotten that warning, then it is possible that you have a egregious violation.
Google states "If we detect an egregious violation your account will be suspended immediately and without prior warning. An egregious violation of the Google Ads policies is a violation so serious that it is unlawful or poses significant harm to our users or our digital advertising ecosystem"
Which policies are considered to be egregious?
If you also have malware on your website, this can be a issue, we would recommend you use the free Google tool https://transparencyreport.google.com/safe-browsing/search
Once you have made sure your website is in compliance, you can submit a appeal, if you have already done this and your site is still suspended, please contact us and we can help you fix your google ad account suspension for violation of the:
Suspicious Payments Activity Policy